$4,897.00 | Air from Chicago
Land Only Price:
$3,797.00 | Land only rate does not include airport/hotel transfers
(per person, based on double occupancy)
Including Istanbul, TurkeySeptember 27 - October 2, 2021
(per person, based on double occupancy)
Extend your tour for a 6-day pre tour package to Istanbul, Turkey!! Learn more by visiting our extensions tab.
To make your reservations call us at
815-663-4046 or Toll-Free at:
877-887-1188 - USA or Canada
02393 880068 - UK
18 0010 6424 - Australia
or submit your reservations online.
For additional questions regarding airfare, transfers, insurance, pre-night packages, or our convenient payment plan, please call our toll-free number or use our contact form.
This itinerary, pricing and escorts are subject to change. Insurance is available and highly recommended. Single rates are available upon request. Please consult the Terms and Conditions, as they apply starting with the first payment.
A 3% discount applies off the cost of the trip, if the trip is paid in full by check with in 7-10 business days of invoice date. Gratuities are additional and will be collected with final payment. All prices listed are in USD unless otherwise noted.
- ISTANBUL EXTENSION
- ABOUT JINNY
- Round-trip international airfare from Chicago O’Hare Airport. (Airfare available from your closest international airport for an additional fee. First/Business class upgrades available)
- First-class hotel accommodations. (Suite upgrades available)
- Private deluxe motor coach and professional driver.
- A professional local tour guide the entire time.
- Dinner and food preparation with a local family.
- Most meals throughout the entire journey.
- A high-speed train ride from Afrosiab to Tashkent.
- A tour of a gold sewing factory and art gallery.
- A Guijdouvan ceramics workshop master class.
- Panoramic city tour of Samarkand with a professional local guide.
- Carpet weaving demonstration by a master weaver.
- A cooking lesson to learn food preparation for local traditional foods.
- A guided tour of a silk factory.
- Hands-on workshops with our celebrity guest instructor, Jinny Beyer.
- An opportunity to savor regional cuisine.
- Cable car ride in the mountains of the Chimgan Region.
- A panoramic city tour of Fergana with a professional local guide.
- Rishtan ceramics workshop with a master artisan.
- A panoramic city tour of Kokand with a professional local guide.
- An evening performance at the Theater of Historical Costume El Merosi.
- Special dinner with dancing and costume fashion show in Bukhara.
- A master class workshop of gold sewing and trafarett cutting.
- Panoramic tour of the city of Bukhara with a professional local guide.
- A tour of the Museum of Applied Arts and State Art Gallery in Tashkent.
- A guided tour of a silk paper factory.
- Craftours lanyard, luggage tag and commemorative gift.
Tashkent is the capital city of Uzbekistan. It's known for its many museums and its mix of modern and Soviet-era architecture. The Amir Timur Museum houses manuscripts, weapons and other relics from the Timurid dynasty. Nearby, the huge State Museum of History of Uzbekistan has centuries-old Buddhist artifacts. The city's skyline is distinguished by Tashkent Tower, which offers city views from its observation deck.
Samarkand is a city in Uzbekistan known for its mosques and mausoleums. It's on the Silk Road, the ancient trade route linking China to the Mediterranean. Prominent landmarks include the Registan, a plaza bordered by 3 ornate, majolica-covered madrassas dating to the 15th and 17th centuries, and Gur-e-Amir, the towering tomb of Timur (Tamerlane), founder of the Timurid Empire.
Optional 6-Day Pre-tour package to Istanbul, Turkey!September 27 - October 2, 2021
- Ground transfers to/from the airport and hotel.
- First class hotel accommodations in Istanbul. (Suite upgrades available)
- Professional local tour guide available to assist.
- Craftours escort the entire time.
- A tour of the famous Blue Mosque.
- Shopping in the exhilarating bazaar of Istanbul.
- A stroll around the historical Hippodrome.
- A tour of St. Sophia and mosaic museum.
- Daily breakfast, some lunches and special dinners.
- A tour of Topkapi Palace, residence of the Ottoman Sultans.
- Cruise on the Marmara Sea to Buyuukada.
- A horse drawn carriage ride through a local residential area in Biuyuukada.
- A visit to the Egyptian Bazaar to see colorful spices and unique Turkish items.
- A ferry ride on the Bosphorus Strait, visiting both Europe and Asia.
- A tour of the Beylerbeyi Palace and Gardens, summer residence of the Ottoman Sultans.
The entire cost of this 6-day pre tour package is only $1,298.00.
For more than four decades, Jinny has been quilting, teaching, writing books and designing fabrics for quilters. She is world-renowned for her fabric designs (manufactured by RJR Fabrics), and especially for her border prints. Jinny has traveled world-wide to teach. She’s the author of twelve books, including The Quilter’s Album of Patchwork Patterns, an encyclopedia of more than 4000 patchwork blocks that incorporates historical and drafting information — a 6-year labor of love. Jinny loves to garden and cook and she and her husband live just outside Washington, D.C. in Great Falls, Virginia. Her own quilts, as well as antique ones, adorn the beds and walls of her 260-year-old historic farm house home.