$4,763.00 | Air from New York City
Land Only Price:
$3,273.00 | Land only rate does not include airport/hotel transfers
(per person, based on double occupancy)
To make your reservations call us at
+1-815-663-4046 or Toll-Free at:
+1-877-887-1188 - USA, Canada or Spain
001-882-887-1188 - Mexico
808 134 9500 - UK
18 0010 6424 - Australia
or submit your reservations online.
For additional questions regarding airfare, transfers, insurance, pre-night packages, or our convenient payment plan, please call our toll-free number or use our contact form.
This itinerary, pricing and escorts are subject to change. Insurance is available and highly recommended. Single rates are available upon request. Please consult the Terms and Conditions, as they apply starting with the first payment.
A 3% discount applies off the cost of the trip, if the trip is paid in full by check with in 7-10 business days of invoice date. Gratuities are additional and will be collected with final payment. All prices listed are in USD unless otherwise noted.
- OPTIONAL TOUR
- ABOUT PAM
We have explored throughout the northern region of India many times, but now Craftours would like to invite you to join us in a brand-new area in the south. Our “Artist in Residence,” Pam Holland, along with our tour guide extraordinaire, Govind, will share this beautiful region with you in first-class style. You will experience some unique and fascinating things- an overnight luxury houseboat cruise, touring a spice plantation and even watching master artisans weave traditional Madurai sarees. Space is limited to only 20 guests, based on first come-first served. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore the south of India in first-class style!
- Round-trip international airfare from New York JFK Airport to India. (Airfare also available from your closest international airport for an additional fee. First/Business class upgrades are available.)
- First-class hotel accommodations in Mumbai, Cochin, Alleppey, Thekkady, Madurai, Thanjavur, Mahabalipuram and Chennai. (Suite upgrades available)
- Panoramic city tour of Mumbai with a local professional guide.
- Private deluxe motor coach and professional driver the entire time.
- Visiting local artisans to see weaving of traditional Madurai sarees.
- A Kanchipuram silk weaving demonstration by local artisans.
- Touring of some extraordinary temples in Thanjavur.
- Overnight cruise on a luxury houseboat in the backwaters of Kerala.
- Craftours special “Artist in Residence” Pam Holland as your personal escort.
- Our local professional tour guide, Govind, throughout the entire journey.
- An optional “South Indian cooking lesson” with a local chef.
- Beginning yoga class and meditation session with a master instructor.
- A unique visit to the fascinating Dhobi Ghat.
- A hands-on “creative” workshop with a local master artisan.
- Enjoy an optional authentic Ayurvedic massage by one of the local therapists.
- An introduction to a variety of arts and crafts in the village of Thanjayur.
- A short photography enhancement workshop with Pam.
- A special tour of a “spice plantation” in the Perivar National Park.
- A panoramic city tour of Chennai with a local professional guide.
- Exploring Keralan culture and enjoying a traditional Kathakali dance show.
- Attending a traditional Kalaripavattu martial arts performance.
- Attending the Aarti ceremony at Meenakshi Temple in Madurai.
- Visit the Shivaji Museum to view their collection of rare antique textiles.
- Panoramic city tour of Cochin and the surrounding area.
- Delicious buffet breakfast served daily.
- A relaxing boat ride and “toddy tasting” in Alleppey.
- Two domestic flights within India.
- Hands-on creative workshop with master artisan, Pam Holland.
- Learning more about the culture and traditions of the lovely Indian people.
- Craftours lanyard, luggage identifier and commemorative gift.
- All taxes included and insurance is highly recommended.
- All of this and much more!
South India has a hot, humid climate and all its states are coastal. Rainfall is abundant and so is the supply of fresh fruit, vegetables, and rice. Generally speaking, South Indian cooking is based around rice, lentils, and stews.
The cost of this optional South Indian cooking lesson with a local chef is $137.97 per person.
The Ayurvedic practice of abhyanga, or oil massage, touts physical benefits like released muscle tension, lymphatic drainage, and more nourished skin from head to toe. It stands out from other massages due to its focus on the skin, rather than just the underlying muscles - from the oils used to the circulation-stimulating movements, it's more like a facial massage for your whole body. Your therapist's main goal is relaxation, and in India, the practice is tied deeply to the notion of self-care. "Sneha is the root word for this type of massage in Sanskrit," explains Ayurvedic doctor Pratima Raichur, "which also translates to mean 'love.'"
The cost of this optional authentic Ayurvedic massage by one of the local therapists is $67.97 per person.
Textile Artist, Photographer, Author, Illustrator, Wife and Mother to 13 bambinos.
After a career as a photographer, and fashion designer Pam has been working in the quilting industry for over 25 years. She now travels the world teaching Textile Art and Photography. Her experiences in teaching and travel have been the inspiration for most of her quilts and has given her the reputation of shaping something new from the already established.
Drawing, writing and filming while she travels form the basic plans that she uses to create quilts when she’s home in the studio. Winner of the Jewel Pearce Patterson Scholarship for International Quilt Teachers. She has been awarded Best of Show in Houston and many other Quilt Shows. She's also making her very own adaption of the amazing Bayeux Tapestry.