'Brigitta' in the movie
The Sound of Music
$3,987.00 | Air from New York City
Land Only Price:
$3,152.00 | Land only rate does not include airport/hotel transfers
(per person, based on double occupancy)
To make your reservations call us at
+1-815-663-4046 or Toll-Free at:
+1-877-887-1188 - USA, Canada or Spain
001-882-887-1188 - Mexico
808 134 9500 - UK
18 0010 6424 - Australia
or submit your reservations online.
For additional questions regarding airfare, transfers, insurance, pre-night packages, or our convenient payment plan, please call our toll-free number or use our contact form.
This itinerary, pricing and escorts are subject to change. Insurance is available and highly recommended. Single rates are available upon request. Please consult the Terms and Conditions, as they apply starting with the first payment.
A 3% discount applies off the cost of the trip, if the trip is paid in full by check with in 7-10 business days of invoice date. Gratuities are additional and will be collected with final payment. All prices listed are in USD unless otherwise noted.
- OPTIONAL WORKSHOPS
Enjoy the Austria Germany Christmas Episode of Destination Craft with Jim West:
- Round-trip international airfare from New York City. (Airfare available from your closest international airport for an additional fee. First/Business class upgrades available)
- Round trip transfers in Germany/Austria for full package participants.
- First class hotel accommodations in Salzburg and a small hotel in Ruhpolding.
- Daily breakfast and some special dinners.
- Private deluxe motor coach and driver.
- Traveling with The Sound of Music star, Angela Cartwright.
- A professional tour guide in Salzburg.
- Bus tour of The Sound of Music locations, narrated by Angela.
- A professional Craftours escort the entire time.
- Special Q & A session with Angela.
- A walking tour of Salzburg, including movie locations from "The Sound of Music."
- A tour of the Hohensalzburg Fortress.
- Shopping in the Salzburg Christmas markets.
- An optional cooking lesson at the Edelweiss Cooking School.
- A walking tour of the small village of Ruhpolding.
- Visiting the Silent Night Chapel in Oberndorf.
- A tour of the incredible Hellbrunn Palace.
- A visit to St Peter's Abbey.
- Walking through Mirabell Gardens with Angela.
- Shopping in the small village of Rattenberg.
- A visit to the Christmas Museum in Salzburg.
- An optional glass-blown Christmas ornament experience.
- Photos and autographs with Angela Cartwright.
- A special "So Long, Farewell" Dinner.
- Craftours commemorative gifts including lanyard and backpack.
A Sound of Music Christmas Highlights:
Ruhpolding is a municipality of the Traunstein district in southeastern Bavaria, Germany. It is situated in the south of the Chiemgau region in the Alps. Ruhpolding has a population of approximately 6,400.
Salzburg's "Old Town" (Altstadt) has internationally renowned baroque architecture and one of the best-preserved city centers north of the Alps. It was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. Host to three universities and a large population of students. Salzburg is noted for its attractive setting and scenic Alpine backdrop.
Salzburg was the birthplace of 18th-century composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. In the mid 20th century, the city was the setting for parts of the musical play and film The Sound of Music.
The tradition and ambiance of Salzburg's Christmas market make an ideal setting to start off the Christmas season. Every year visitors are enchanted by the charm of Cathedral Square, the traditional booths, the strings of light and the quality of the diversified items on sale. Come and enjoy some of the magic this year: from traditional handicrafts, fine baked goods, aromatic tree ornaments and various objet d'art for the Christmas season.
The quaint village of Rattenberg is the smallest town in Austria, but home to some of the most amazing glass artisans. This is where we will participate in a glass ornament making workshop. This glass art is used producing Tyrolean glass making techniques that were practiced centuries ago. You will learn from these master artisans what goes into creating this perfect craft and have the opportunity to create your own crafted memory.
Cost of this optional workshop is $87.97 per person.
The apple strudel is originally an Austrial dish that has gained popularity throughout the world. Strudel a layered pastry with a filling inside that can be sweet or savory. In this workshop we will be making the most popular type, Apple Strudel. We will participate and learn how to prepare this traditional dish in the Austrian fashion. From marinating the apples to stretching out the pastry dough, the entire experience will be fun & delicious!
Cost of this optional workshop is $137.97 per person.
TESTIMONIALS FROM PAST SOUND OF MUSIC TOURS: