$3,996.00 | Air from NYC
(per person, based on double occupancy)
Land only rates are available at request.
To make your reservations call us at
815-663-4046, toll free at 877-887-1188 or submit your reservations online.
For additional questions regarding airfare, transfers, insurance, pre-night packages, or our convenient payment plan, please call our toll-free number or use our contact form.
This itinerary, pricing and escorts are subject to change. Insurance is available and highly recommended. Single rates are available upon request. Please consult the Terms and Conditions, as they apply starting with the first payment.
A 3% discount applies off the cost of the tour, if the tour is paid in full by check with in 7-10 business days of invoice date. Gratuities are additional and will be collected with final payment. All prices listed are in USD.
Join us for an amazing journey to Germany & Austria with Angela Cartwright, who played Brigitta in the original "The Sound of Music" movie. We will visit many of the locations that were used in the film, as Angela shares her behind the scenes memories and we have plenty of opportunities for photographs!
- Round-trip international airfare from New York.
- Round-trip transfers in Ruhpolding and Austria.
- First-class hotel accommodations in both a modern hotel in Salzburg and a charming family-owned Bavarian Hotel.
- Private deluxe coach and driver the entire time.
- Daily breakfast and some special dinners.
- A professional tour guide and sightseeing in Salzburg & Ruhpolding.
- Private tour with Angela of Mirabell Gardens, home of many of the "Do Re Mi" locations.
- A Craftours escort the entire time.
- One of a kind walking tour of Salzburg including movie locations from "The Sound of Music."
- An breathtaking day trip to the Do, Re, Mi mountains.
- A visit to the Gazebo at Hellbrunn Palace.
- A tour to Hohensalzburg Fortress.
- An extraordinary private tour to Von Trapp Villa – Leopoldskron Palace.
- Visit places with exceptional photo opportunities and a picnic on the way to the Bavarian countryside to the town of Oberammergau.
- An opportunity to make an authentic "Apple Strudel".
- Enjoy crafting in a wooden toy making workshop.
- A walking tour of the charming Bavarian village of Ruhpolding.
- Traveling with our celebrity guest, Angela Cartwright.
- Special Q & A dinner with Angela.
- And Much More!!
GERMANY, AUSTRIA & BAVARIA HIGHLIGHTS:
Ruhpolding is a municipality of the Traunstein district in southeastern Bavaria, Germany. It is situated in the south of the Chiemgau region in the Alps. Ruhpolding has a population of approximately 6,400.
Salzburg's "Old Town" (Altstadt) has internationally renowned baroque architecture and one of the best-preserved city centers north of the Alps. It was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. Host to three universities and a large population of students. Salzburg is noted for its attractive setting and scenic Alpine backdrop.
Salzburg was the birthplace of 18th-century composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. In the mid 20th century, the city was the setting for parts of the musical play and film The Sound of Music.
Oberammergau is a municipality in the district of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, in Bavaria, Germany. The town is famous for its production of a Passion Play, its woodcarvers, and the NATO School. The Oberammergau Passion Play was first performed in 1634 and is the result of a vow made by the inhabitants of the village that if God spared them from the effects of the bubonic plague then sweeping the region they would perform a passion play every ten years. The play is now performed in years ending with a zero, as well as in 1934 which was the 300th anniversary and 1984 which was the 350th anniversary. It involves over 2000 actors, singers, instrumentalists and technicians, all residents of the village.
Germany's climate is almost as varied as its country but it is mostly temperate. Extreme temperature lows and highs are rare. Winter temperatures vary from west to east, with around freezing temperatures in the west and well below freezing in the east of Germany. Summer temperatures are typically between 20°C and 30°C, with more rainfall during the summer months.
For current weather go to weather.com or click here.
The Euro is the legal tender currency in Germany(€).
Click here for a currency converter.